iPRF (Injectable Platelet Rick Fibrin) / Vampire Facial
REGENERATE, REVIVE, RENEW AND REJUVENATE YOUR SKIN AND HAIR
Injectable platelet rich fibrin (IPRF) is the new super skin regenerative treatment. I call it the super facial as there is no other treatment like this on the aesthetic market. iPRF is the next generation PRP (Platelet rich Plasma). It has been proven that IPRF yields more platelets than PRP.
IPRF is a procedure to obtain your bodies own platelets and use it to generate your own growth factors to stimulate collagen. Blood is taken and then spun at a specific speed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge separates the platelets from the blood itself. The platelets are rich in various growth factors that are used to repair skin, tissue and hair. The platelets are injected superficially under the skin or into hair. It can be inserted with a small needle, cannula or needled into the skin with a micro needling device.
The needling or injecting procedure stimulates the fibroblasts in your skin or hair which in turn switches your growth factors in skin on as well as signal your body’s own growth factors to start its repair in the area of treatment. This signalling cascade result in stimulation and production of collagen which in turn improves skin texture, promotes fine lines and wrinkles grow hair or repair wounds. This is truly regenerative treatments and green therapy. Using your own body to heal itself.
COST: £200 PER SESSION
What to Expect?
- Topical cream is applied to your skin to numb the area to be treated.
- A needle is inserted into your arm to draw two bottles of blood
- The blood is then spun in a centrifuge for 6 minutes.
- After it is spun the plasma is drawn up to be used within 45 minutes.
- The skin is cleaned and then area of concern is treated either by small injection or needling.
- Often a combination of treatments occurs at the same time of injecting and micro needling.
- After the procedure a soothing mask is placed on the face to reduce the redness and tightening sensation (it looks and feel like a sunburn).
- The number of platelets harvested vary between patients depending on their nutrition, fluid intake, rest, health and medication.
- This is an emerging regenerative treatment. The longevity of treatment is not yet fully established as well amount of repeated treatments required.
- The general consensus is 4 – 6 weekly treatments and about 3 treatments and then decide on the final effect. It can be repeated a few times during the year.
- The treatment is very safe as you are not allergic to your own blood and there are no additives
- There could be bruising which is only temporarily.
- When treating eyes, it can remain puffy for up to 14 days.
- Face can feel tight up to 3 days,
- Skin can feel dry and could peel for several days as the dead skin is sloughing off.
For best results a stimulating skin peel can be used prior to treatment or a few weeks after and in conjunction with skin care.